Calvary

Calvary

The December 1909 parish magazine reported the gift of the Calvary to the church, the figure and the English oak cross being two separate anonymous gifts. It was to be placed in the south aisle “on the spot where the old Clergy Vestry used to be”. The April 1910 issue stated that a canopy was to be placed over it. The report of the 1938-39 Annual Church Meeting in the April 1939 issue stated the calvary had been moved to the west end.